Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Journal 4: Join the Flock & Enhance Your Twitter Experience!



NETS-T: 4 and 5

Ferguson, H. (2012). Join the flock! Learning & Leading with Technology, 37(8), 12-14. Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Libraries/Leading_and_Learning_Docs/June_July_2010_Join_the_Flock.sflb.ashx

Miller, S. M. (2010). Enhance Your Twitter Experience. Learning & Leading with Technology, 37(8), 14-17. Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Libraries/Leading_and_Learning_Docs/June_July_2010_Join_the_Flock.sflb.ashx

Summary:

In reading Learning & Leading with Technology,many of the articles educate the reader on was to use technology with in their classrooms and also within their lives. Join the Flock written by Hadley Ferguson and Shannon Miller introduce the reader to a PLN and then go into detail on how Twitter and "Tweeting" can help ones PLN. Ferguson states "A PLN is a community of individuals around the world who are learning together." (Ferguson 2010) PLN stands for Professional Learning Network, its purpose is to allow individuals of common interest to share ideas and thoughts. Breaking down the basics of Twitter and how one should place things of interest and importance in their summary as well as a picture will help enhance the readers PLN. Ferguson explains that Twitter is just as easy as making friends, allowing one to learn and share with others. Fallowing Ferguson is Miller who pushes the reader to get involved in responding to ideas on Twitter. By tagging, exposing, and being organized allows Twitter to help build ones PLN. Overall Miller gives a tour and guided to Twitter only enticing the reader to take a chance and get on bored with Twitter.




Q: Did Ferguson persuade you as the reader to take part in Twitter?

Ask me about Facebook and I can tell you anything.....Twitter on the other hand, nothing. Reading this article by Ferguson has really opened my eyes up to the word "Tweet." I am not going to lie, I was agents Twitter when my teacher told me that he wanted us to make accounts. I felt that Twitter was just like another new social network looking for followers. Learning that I could find other fellow U.S. history lovers as well as people who enjoy DIY projects pushed me to begin to hashtag and really use my Twitter.




Q: Did Miller proved you with beneficial information?

I love how her basic and straight to the point attitude allowed me to understand basic tools like TweetDeck. I love staying organized and on top of things. With TweetDeck it is all about keeping your friends, messages and more organized. I would love to use this information that Miller has provided to help me branch out and find new and creative ways to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment